2.07.2009

T9 is a Him

I hate t9 because I referred to it as a him and now I can't stop referring to things as males.
I've never named my inanimate objects before in my life except for my guitar four years ago -- I named it Zach but it's not named that anymore so none of my things have names until yesterday.

T9 is Mr. T and not Mrs. or Miss T. My computer is now Clint (not as in Eastwood and not as in Clinteeta which is a girl name). My phones name is Phyll and that's not a typo. 'Kinda like Phyllosphorm. Ian is my iPod. Grant is my Gameboy. Joey is my Gameboy colour.
These names came to me today while I was lying bed and now I can't shake them off and I'm not just kiddin' ya like I usually do. I can't stop calling them by their names in my head and since my parents aren't home (yes, kids, I just broke the unbreakable law of the telephone/internet: never tell people you are home alone) I haven't yet had the chance to interact with humans in RL so not out loud yet.

Notice how all these names are male names. I don't know what this says about me but it certainly reassures Phyll and I think, for sexist reasons, I might have to add an '-is' to the end of his name. Clinteeta and Ianessa. Grantesse and Joeya.
I'm gonna' go watch WWE.

No comments:

Followers