1.11.2009

Television

I'm reading this horrible book called Dangerous Angels. It is truly horrible. The horridness of the book is incomprehensible.
But I'm not here to bash this particular book because that is mean and would be like you bashing this particular blog post, which is something you would never do. I'm here to bash television shows.
Completely unrelated to the piece of literature I'm reading, yes, but I think it needs to be addressed. Television today... sucks.

There are shows about bee children. About bad handymen. About hair makeovers (and not a full on makeover, no. Just the hair. 1 hour of regularly scheduled programming dedicated to a new haircut). Some shows are about other programs. Some are about famous people's families that do nothing exciting except get in fights ever other hour.
There is a channel that is completely dedicated to Spelling Bees. Yes. Sometimes live, this channel broadcasts spelling bees. I can imagine a group of guys sitting down to watch it on a Saturday night:

"Hey, Bob, go and get me a beer, okay? The bee's about to start..."
"Kay, John."
"OH OH OH BOB, BOB! It's starting, it's starting!"
'...A, P, O, S, T, R, O, F, ...'
"SHIT! MARK! I THOUGHT HE HAD IT! Here's your 5 bucks..."

I have no solution or anything. No, of course I don't. I'm just here to complain.
But shows dedicated to teach people how to write just don't cut it.

On the plus side today I managed to remember when iCarly was on and I watched it.

No comments:

Followers