1.09.2009

Horror Advertisements

I don't think that I've ever watched a horror film. Saw 5 is just plain gory but other than that, I've never seen a horror film. And I really, really don't want to.
But I have no choice to glimpse them. When I'm watching iCarly or Fairly Odd Parents, more often than necessary commercials for horror films come up and my unsuspecting eyes have no choice but to look. Even if I close them (which is out of the question because my brother would laugh at me) my ears still hear the horrific soundtracks or noises in the ads.

Little Carly is innocently making her webcast, then a commercial for The Undead pops up, complete with dirty toddlers with red eyes and upside-down heads advancing to the camera, ragged and rattling breathing blaring through my living room.
As I avert my eyes and screw up my forehead trying to concentrate on anything but the screen, a new commercial pops up with rabid dogs with pure white eyes and blood streaming from their mouths. A menacing voice echoes in my living room announcing we will all be dead in hours.

By the time iCarly comes back on I've endured 8 horror film commercials and one My Little Pony ad. Unwillingly, I've practically seen 8 horror films condensed and won't be able to sleep for months.
If I'm watching a children's channel, I expect to see toy ads and animated movie commercials, not small blood baths and massacres in the middle of the afternoon.

No comments:

Followers