12.15.2008

It's Snowing and I Hate It

What is the hype with snow?
Can you tell me? Can you answer my question? Why do people love snow so much?

I act like I enjoy it. I really try. I try my hardest and put on a smiling face, because if I told people I hated it they would throw it in my face and never let me forget it, just like they do with my vein problem, rubbing their wrists and necks on me and such.
But my facade is done, now. After years of pretending, I'm admitting it. I hate snow.
Why should I pretend to love something! Where is the justice! It's not even pretty! Once road-people put sand and salt on it it gets all grey and looks like crap.

Let's start off with some facts, shall we? (Oh, it's so late for 'shall we'... I'll do it anyway).
  • Snow kills hundreds of people in the United States each year
    traffic accidents, overexertion, and exposure, but deaths from avalanches have been steadily increasing
  • A single snowstorm can drop 40 million tons of snow, carrying the energy equivalent to 120 atom bombs
  • Avalanches are extremely dangerous, if you didn't know this already
    travels more than 100 mph in an avalanche
  • Snowstorms can strap people in cars and houses, and also destroy power lines and weak buildings
    you could starve
We're forgetting the most important thing. I hate rain. You hate rain. We all hate rain. It's cold and wet and gross and ruins clothing and yucky.
Snow is just rain that's so freezing that it changes it's state of matter. Rain is better than snow, though, because it even helps trees and plants, etc.

Snow does nothing but make us cold and vulnerable, and cause horrific accidents and natural disasters. A good example for a horrific natural disaster happened today. I went up to the store at lunch with my friend and could not get back down the hill for the ice. I was stuck and had to ask someone to help. Now, other people might blame this on things like my traction-less shoes or even my stupidity for going up to Shell on a such a day, but I blame the snow.

I always blame the snow.

3 comments:

chilldude22 said...

how dare you.
this is like a remake of your whole fireworks thing last year. VERY original

rebecca thomas said...

Oh hahahaha I actually didn't see the similarities...

S¥DNEY SMITH said...

youre just jealous

Followers