12.16.2008

I May Not be Deep, but I am Definitely Witty

Starbucks is a wonderful place where people can read books, drink coffee/other high maintenance beverages, and socialize with other humans.
The other day my friend and I were at a Starbucks and I happened to notice that the barista-guy was relatively good looking but since I was with my friend and she was speaking animatedly to me, my attention was focused on her and her only, of course.

But it was kind of hard to focus on her when five little girls (and when I say little girls, I mean they were aged eleven at the max), ordered hot chocolates and cookies and, while waiting for their Short cocoas, flirted outrageously with the barista. Well, flirted in their books, which equals lots of giggling, batting their bejeweled eyelashes, and raising their voices while talking about all the parties they've been to/will go to.

I remember those dear old days when my friends and I went to our various malls, circling the stores with the good looking employees. As eleven and twelve year old girls I can imagine how appealing we were to these seventeen to nineteen year old boys who were most likely girlfriend-ed. Our attractiveness increased, if possible, as we stumbled and yelled stupidly in their presence, attempting to gain their attention. What we thought were approving and admiring stares were really annoyed and bemused glances.
Example: An employee at HMV was particularly nice looking and to gain his attention my friend and me browsed the alternative/indie music sections to show how sophisticated we were, when what we really wanted to do was go over to the pop/R&B section.

This time, I place blame on human genetics.

1 comment:

chilldude22 said...

OF COURSE your attention was on me.
how couldnt it be? im jusst so charming. JUUSSSSTT like an LG

Followers