12.09.2008

Repeaters

There are few things that annoy me (I'm lying). People that repeat actions over and over and over again, expecting a different result, are one of the few (many) things that annoy me. I feel the need to go up to the repeater and smack them across the face repeatedly, expecting a different expression each time.

For example, yesterday in gym class we were playing badminton. A girl on the other team hit the birdie into the net and instead of plucking the piece of plastic out of the netting, she thought that hitting it repeatedly with her racket would solve the problem. Instead, it became more tangled up in the netting, to her surprise. Shocking! She then had to go up to the net and untangle it. This took another 5 minutes, and gave me a great opportunity to not be athletic.

Today, a similar thing happened except it wasn't in gym class and it involved no badminton equipment. I was happily getting my lunch, which looked positively scrumptious that afternoon (mashed potatoes and dried up corn!), and was just about to put my cup under the juice dispenser when a child whose name I won't divulge (but really want to, to warn future students who want juice before her), knocked my cup out of the way to place hers under the dispenser. I didn't really mind until she pressed the button and it didn't work. I was first shocked because that tap had never failed at producing good orange juice for me or anyone I know. I then became angry because she slowly pressed the button 12 times exactly until moving onto the next faucet. Nice!

Changing my previous threat, I now encourage those that do similar actions should use their awesome repetition skills and slap themselves across the face repeatedly, because I'm too lazy to go over there myself.

No comments:

Followers