12.11.2008

Dentists

My friend Angela went to the dentist the other day. She arrived back at school and told us about it and how awesome her dentist is. As everyone proceeded to add their own anecdotes about their own dentists I noticed that everyone either has had or still has a bad dentist. Either this or people are just exaggerating.

For example, Angela was telling me how her dentist practically shoved his whole hand in her mouth to get the prime angle to get that tooth back there.
This has happened to me before and as wonderful as it sounds, it's actually not, unless you love the taste of latex gloves and the sensation of your lips feeling like they're going to split.
I don't really know why it would be so hard for the dentist to get a slightly longer drill or metal pointer or whatever they use to clean your teeth. It would be beneficial for them too, since hands are solid and light can't get through a large hand.

Another fantastic experience that dentists make for everyone involves fluoride. I don't know how many years dentists go through medical school or dentistry school or whatever, but using a pleasant-tasting poisonous substance that has injured many people in the past to clean people's teeth is not very smart.
"
Fluoride confuses the immune system and causes it to attack the body's own tissues, and increases the tumor growth rate in cancer prone individuals."
Putting this substance in a patient's mouth, and a child's mouth, just doesn't seem intelligent. Maybe it's just me.


My relative went to the dentist for a jaw problem and came back home with a more severe jaw problem. The dentist had stuck the anesthetic-freezing needle into his jaw muscle and froze his jaw for 3 months. He couldn't open his mouth farther that an inch.
The same kind of thing happened to me except it wasn't about my jaw and I still retained the ability to open my mouth after the visit. So really it wasn't like it at all.
Anyway, my dear old dentist put the tasty freezing gel on my gums and then stuck the freezing needle to fully freeze it, since he was pulling a tooth and I'm a wimp. After informing me that he had put too much freezing liquid in the needle and that I wouldn't be able to feel that part of my mouth for about 6 years, he yanked the tooth out. It hurt like hell, and when I yelled out he said he was sorry and that he had put the freezer in the wrong place.
I still can't feel the left side of my mouth.

In dentistry class they probably practice on themselves.
"Oops, sorry, Kent! I sent the anesthetic directly to your brain!"

No comments:

Followers